Thursday 12 July 2012

Firefighter Kylie

I've been doing quite a few courses and training for the Fire Brigade of late. I thought I might share some photos that I have received from when I attended the Brigade Championships.

Yes, there are championships lol.

A team from our Brigade went to Brisbane on a very wet and grey weekend in early June. The weather couldn't have been worse. Plus, the council in their divine wisdom had laid a heap of sand over the ovals we were using due to the rain. This just made the 'track' like a day at the beach without the sun and ocean... (I'm sure I was eating sand for at least a week)

This was my first time at the Championships and while my team competed, I helped out as a Track Worker. This didn't sound toooo bad to me. OMG.... being a track worker just meant that you worked your little behind off and nearly died at the end of the day.

Right, this is me coiling hoses once they have been used in an event. They are heavy buggers and quite hard to get off the machine.


Lining up the hoses and making sure there is no air or water in them



The photographer came into the Track Workers tent and said that he needed more 'people' shots. So, I struck a pose lol



As much as the two days were really hard work, I would have done it again the very next day. This was awesome experience and just downright fun lol.



1 comment:

  1. Great pics Kylie - thanks for sharing. Looks like hard work but lots of fun! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.