Saturday 25 August 2012

52CC Throwdown & CSAYL

Hey there, I have a card to share which is either going to have you love it or hate it. More so because of the colours I have chosen and the whole card is perhaps a little over the top? Anyway, be honest, cause it's one of THOSE cards lol.
The gals at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown have an Embellishment Challenge which is to use Chipboard. I went into a bit of a panic attack because.... I don't have any. I then found a package that my mum had given me ages ago which was more for scrapbooking. The words in it are more for little girls etc. There was one word that I could use - JOY. How about that?
The ladies over at CSAYL have a challenge which is to use non-traditional colours. Now, I LOVE non-traditional colours usually. I particulary like purple on Christmas Cards. Then I threw in some Orange. Mmmm hmmmm......

So, now that my whole family have little glitter bits on them, what do you think? I have mixed emotions about this card. I'm not really sure even how do describe my emotions lol.

Oh well, over to you. I'm interested to see what you think.

Thanks for looking xx


10 comments:

  1. I love the 70s glam rock of it!! Not colours I'd paint my living room in, you know, but there's a time and place for everything, and if you can't go over the top at Christmas, when can you!? Good luck getting rid of the glitter for the next three months... evil stuff!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is adorable! I love that ornament border and the glittery touch is just perfect...thanks for joining us at CSAYL this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie - I think this is a very "joy"ful card! So bright and fun. I love the non-traditional colors you chose and the glittery ornament strip across the top is fab! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT
    P.S. thanks for the note on my post for 52CCT not being on my blog yet - I had accidentally chosen PM in the scheduler instead of AM. Its out there now and you can see the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING the amazing non-traditional colors, Kylie!!! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT and CSAYL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Kylie, thanks to play with us this week at CSAYL, your card is so nice and cute, love it, hope to see you next week, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, it's hard to tell how this card makes me feel. I do like the non-traditional colors and the glitter! And that string of ornaments is a great embellishment. It's is bright, though, but I think I like it. : ) Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything over the top so it looks good to me and I even wear this colour combo quite a lot so it gets my vote, a bold and bright card but not one for the faint hearted lol !
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like the way your card turned out! Love the way you layered behind the word Joy. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very bright and cheery card Kylie, love that you've used such non traditional colours together! This is definitely going to shine out on the mantelpiece! Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT again! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card! Love the colors! Thanks for participating in CSAYL's challenge! Hope to see you again!!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.