Thursday 9 August 2012

IBSIC #21 - Garden Theme

Good evening all. Hope you are all well.
There's a new challenge over at Inspired By Stamping which includes an inspirational photo showing a Garden theme. They would also like you to use the colours - Pink, Green & Cream as your mains.

I also had some wonderful inspiration from my own garden this week.
I bought a couple of rose bushes not long ago. The beauty of living in a semi-tropical part of Australia, I have already cut three flowers even though it's the middle of winter. The flowers are just beautiful and the fragrance is divine. Not only are the flowers in bloom (Hello, Hayfever!!) but the vegie garden is coming along strong. I have already picked about 3 punnets full of strawberries, a zucchini, capsicums, lettuce, chillis and some tomatoes. We have just planted cabbage, cauliflower, corn (for the chooks), shallots, mint, garlic chives and some more tomato plants.


Now, onto my card.



I received some new dies in the post today and couldn't wait to use them.
I used my Elements of Style stamp on blender paper and coloured with Stampin' Markers (Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi).
The ribbon is actually a piece of recycled something or other and I can't even remember where it came from or with. Finished off with pearls in the corners and I felt I achieved the effect I wanted.



I had lots of fun with my new dies and will be off to play with some more!
Check out the new challenge at IBSIC


And last but not least, a pic of my first rose.



Thanks for looking xx



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and gorgeous rose! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roses in winter? Whatever next? I think that rose inspired your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, very pretty and elegant. And wow the rose too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great coloring on your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kylie. I only have white roses in my garden but I do love that they're still blooming through winter. Sounds like your vegie garden is going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, fabulous colouring. Thank you for joining us this week at IBSIC. Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like your garden is really coming along! Love that glorious rose. :) Your card features such beautiful flowers, too! Thank you so much for playing with us at IBSIC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! And what a gorgeous rose! Wow! Your veggie garden sounds wonderful! Thanks for joining us at IBSIC! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.