Saturday 18 August 2012

IBSIC Challenge #22 - Sketch


Hi there! I just wanted to quickly share a card with you that I made today.
The sketch I've used has come from the wonderful ladies over at Inspired By Stamping.
Again, I had trouble with the colours I wanted to use. Does anyone really know what colours they will be using straight away?? Well, I don't. I can't even explain most the time how I come about choosing my colours lol.

Anyway, here is my card -


The brown rectangular panel was stamped with my Elements of Style set with Whisper White ink. I then used clear powder to emboss. I got a bit carried away with my Versamarker and coloured all the card in between - whoops. Once I started I just couldn't stop ;)
The rest of the card is basically embossed with the lattice folder, mini silver brads, and pearls. The shapes below the sentiment are made using my Framelit Dies by Stampin Up and a Lacy Oval die by Spellbinders. I have also used my new hemp twine from SU.

Here is the sketch. Click on the image to join in the fun.

IBSIC-#22

Thanks for looking xx


5 comments:

  1. Love that ribbon - I hope you'll link up with 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love the paper, labels, and ribbon you used! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the combination of die cuts, punching and embossing. Lots of wonderful texture! THanks for playing with us at IBSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I have a definite idea of what a card will look like and therefore I know the sorts of colours I want, but other times I use a challenge to help, and the rest of the time I have a "stare and think" moment. This is a great layout and there are lots of details for interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your combination of colors! Gorgeous embossing too! Thanks for playing at IBSIC again this week! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.