Wednesday 1 August 2012

Just Add Ink - Inspiration Photo

Off to bed soon. Hopefully all the antibiodics will have taken hold on my son by the morning. He's got a case of bronchitis. Poor bugger.

So, my last post for tonight is to show you a card I have made for the JAI Inspiration Photo challenge.

Once again, I went for a CAS design to try and show the colours that I wanted to use.
I started with my Reason to Smile stamp set. I found after a couple of attempts that this particular stamp works better if I use my basic black marker instead of the pad. Once stamped (using my stamp-a-ma-jig), I embossed the image with clear powder. I then coloured in the flowers using Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi and Perfect Plum.

I then layered co-ordinating papers and VOILA.


Now, I have just had to come back to say that with my ruddy internet, this just took me an hour and a half to publish this post and get my link to JAI with 4 minutes to spare. Arghhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks for looking xx

4 comments:

  1. Very nice colour combination... and the layering works well too. Hope your son feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get your post done in time for the deadline Kylie. It's a great take on the inspiration photo. THanks for joining in with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely card, Kylie. Thanks for persisting with your unco-operative internet; glad you could join us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your son is feeling much better and you are able to get some rest. Fantastic card , great layering and coloring and the flowers are beautifully coloured

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.