Sunday 6 October 2013

White on White Poinsettia

Good morning dear followers.

I have been lucky enough to make some cards lately that aren't related to my DT responsibilites. I really need to get my skates on and just start concentrating on my Christmas cards. You can never have too many of them!

Here is my card -




I have used another frame die sent to me by Phillipa. It is called 'Victorian Frame'. I used my Layered Poinsettia die on white cardstock and then embossed it with my Square Lattice folder. Using my stylus, I have shaped the petals and then used glossy accents to assemble. I popped a pearl in the centre. Then I inked part of a stamp from Hero Arts which had three different words on it. I had decided that 'Joy' was just enough for this card.



I am entering this into the following challenges -


"Less is More"

 - the theme at Less is More is White on White but must be a Christmas card





Photobucket
Over at Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes


Thanks so much for looking xx



Supplies Used:

  • Cardstock: Whisper White (SU)
  • Stamp: Merry, Merry Christmas (Hero Arts)
  • Ink: Smoky Slate (SU)
  • Dies: Victorian Frame (?), Layered Poinsettia (Spellbinders)
  • Embossing Folder: Square Lattice (SU)
  • Accessories: Glossy Accents, Stylus (SU), Dimensionals, Basic Pearls (SU)



12 comments:

  1. White on white is one of my favorite kind of cards! Beautiful. TYFS and joining in on all the fun at Christmas Card Challenge #44. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous texture on your flower, beautiful card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. kylie, I love you embossed the poinsetta with the lattice EF, this is such a cool idea and gives your card real gorgeous texture-that added little thing that shows off your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie. Another gorgeous frame! Your poinsettia is amazing with the layering, shaping and all that beautiful texture from the embossing! Love it! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous - the unexpected (by me) texture on the poinsettia adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous texture on the poinsettia, very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Kylie........we must have had exactly the same thought in mind!

    Hugs.

    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty Kylie, a beautiful WOW card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining our CCC with you wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love white on white and this is simply beautiful, the embossing on the flower is such a lovely touch smiley Kylie

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card!!

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.