Saturday 25 October 2014

Merry Christmas with Inspired by Stamping!

Wow! Have you feasted your eyes on all the new releases that were showcased for Inspired by Stamping over the last 5 days. We have all had so much fun creating with them.


Today I have a card to share with you using the Poinsettias set. 




This is a beautiful set for you to create an amazing Poinsettia. I decided to go with a watercoloured look.

I created my background by laying some distress inks directly onto my craft mat and misting them with water. I then pressed my watercolour card on top and picked up the colours. 

Once I dried it with my heat gun, I stamped the poinsettia and coloured it in with a smallish brush. Once I had applied a fair bit of colour I gave it a very light mist of water to get the colour to run a little. I dried it off again and then stamped the sentiment (from the Elegant Christmas Sentiments set).

I added pearls in the center.


If you happened to miss the new release sets, here is a recap -





Sugar & Spice - you can see my cards I have made with this set HERE



Big Holidays - Check out my blog next week using these stamps



Build a Stocking - you can see my card that I have made with this set HERE



Christmas Wreath - check out my blog next week using this awesome set






How amazing is the new release sets. Pop on over to the DT blog to see more creations!

Thanks so much for looking xx




6 comments:

  1. Love this amazing watercolor look! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this watercoloured card Kylie!! Beautiful image ... beautiful card. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Kylie, love that wayercolour background but most of all love the way the red runs into the background, gives it a really artistic look xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous water coloring, Kylie! I love how striking your poinsettia is against your background...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous card, Kylie! Love the bold green...sets off the poinsettia beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.