Thursday 7 January 2016

I'm Sandie's Guest Designer at Fusion!

How exciting for me! Sandie asked me to be her Guest Designer for a special challenge at Fusion. It's their 2nd Anniversary!

Sandie told me that she had to choose someone she admired as a card designer. (Perhaps Sandie was scared that I would punch her when I see her in July if she didn't pick me lol.) Nah, in all seriousness I was completely honoured and tickled pink to be chosen :) Thanks Sandie!

Fusion have this amazing graphic as inspiration for you. You probably already know but you can choose the sketch, choose the photo or fuse them both together.





For my card I went with the photo -




I loved, loved, loved the colours and the chevrons on the table. I smeared Distress Inks onto my craft mat, misted them with water and smooshed my watercolour cardstock through the ink. Once dry I stamped the chevrons and sentiment from the HLS Mix Mash set.

I added three little glitter enamel dots to finish off.

    Enamel Glitter Dots - Pink

Thanks to the girls at Fusion for having me for this challenge and a special thanks to Sandie for having me as her guest designer :)


15 comments:

  1. Thanks for being my Guest..and I know you wouldn't dare punch me! Gorgeous smooching and fab colour combo, the chevrons in black give a wonderful contrast x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great take on the challenge Kylie! love your bright water color background and the bold chevrons! thanks so much for Guesting for the Fusion's 2nd birthday! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Kylie, great take on the challenge. Congrats on your GD spot!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card! The colours of your watercoloured background are gorgeous. Congrats on being GD to celebrate Fusion's 2nd birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful watercolouring Kylie! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! The wide white "frame" around the watercolouring really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, Kylie - I'm a sucker for Distress Ink smooshing, and those glitter enamel dots are to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card and love your stamps! So glad you could join us as a Fusion Guest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautifully bright watercolored background. I really love how you've concentrated on the colors and the patterns of the photo inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love that smooshed background! Gorgeous, Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love that smooshed background! Gorgeous, Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phenomenal job with the colors!! You nailed them!! And you background is such a pretty wash of color!! Thank you for helping us celebrate Fusion Card Challenge's two-year anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fabulous colour combo Kylie! So glad you could join us to celebrate a Happy 2nd FUSION Anniversary ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.