Wednesday 28 September 2016

Brushos and Masking Fluid

Hi everyone! I wanted to have a quick play last weekend because my time in the craft room is quite limited at the moment. 

I have been helping out at a Post Office on a neighbouring island due to the owner having a hip replacement. I am also working more shifts at our local RSL club. No time for much else, waaah.

When I was in the UK for the Happy Little Stampers Craft Retreat, Carol showed us a few techniques on masking. I bought some drawing gum thanks to Carol and decided to break it out and give it a go with my brushos.

Here is my card -


I created a mask for the balloon (using a die cut and post-it tape) and masked around the edges and surrounding area with the masking fluid. 

I have created a video tutorial for this technique but am having trouble with my video editor. Hopefully I will actually get it done and uploaded this century!

I sprinkled my brusho colours onto my craft mat, spritzed them with water and used a brush to apply the colours. I added splats by loading up my paintbrush with the same colours and flicking it onto the paper. 

The sentiment is from the Happy Little Stampers Fun Birthday Sentiments set.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges -


Southern Ridge - Your Favourites (mine are definitely Brushos)

Craft for the Craic - photo inspiration


Simon Monday Challenge Blog
Powder Power


Thanks for popping in today. Have a great Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Wow! Love your colors and technique, Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing Kylie, can't wait to see this video as do t quite understand the way you did it but know I love it. Don't work too hard hon. Thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kylie - what a vibrant and arty looking card! I'm glad you found use for the masking fluid and I look forward to seeing your video.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful Brusho technique...a lovely vibrant effect...tfs...Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Brusho technique on your card, Kylie, and I love the bright and vibrant colors. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Kylie! The colours you've used are beautiful together. Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kylie. It meets the theme in more ways than one! Thanks for joining us over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.