Friday, 3 March 2017

HLS March CAS Challenge

Hi there everyone. Just a very quick post from me today. Time is not my friend at the moment. I never seem to have enough hours in the day. I even made the card for the new HLS CAS Challenge at the very last minute. Well, only 8 hours prior to the challenge going live but that in itself was a challenge because it was night and getting a photo really sucks!

Anywho - our theme for our CAS challenge this month is


Get those die cuts cut and create something CLEAN AND SIMPLE!

Here is my card -


Terrible photo, I know! Very sorry....

I decided to do an inlaid die technique. Once I die cut the pieces out of my panel, I used my MISTI to stamp onto the butterfly die cut. The sentiment was die cut from a piece of glitter foam which had adhesive on the back (so convenient!).

This was very easy to create!

Check out the products I used that you can purchase from Happy Little Stampers -

          MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) - BACKORDER

I will see you over at the challenge blog

7 comments:

  1. Simple CAS brilliance Kylie and perfect use of some gorgeous dies there! Hope they'll be coming to the UK with you later in the year!!! LOl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. In laid die cut tecnique is wonderful for CAS look, love this! I hope your days calm down soon and you can enjoy of stess-free crafty time. Oh and your photo is not terrible, I think my photo was a lot worse, the winter photographing conditions in Finland suck so much that actually the best results are achieved during the night with unnatural light! :) Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing, excellent CAS card. The butterfly is wonderful!
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning Kylie - sometimes a deadline makes for a great card and this is one of those times! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to you eventually, sorry I'm so late boss! Love your inlaid butterfly within the postage stamp style die cut. And adhesive glitter foam, why have I not heard of this?! Something else to go on the hunt for.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie I read your comment on my card and also read the HLS description of CAS and even looked at other entries as well as your DT samples and I guess Im confused. My card has "open space" (nothing added to the cardstock) and the die cut cupcake...nothing is foam taped and there aren't embellishments. Kim on your DT has layers, twine, and balloons cover most of the card. I can see that quite a few of the other entries must be just as confused as I am because they also recieved similar comments. I am not upset so please don't read that into this. I (as well as others) just need to understand what you consider CAS "open space", and what is the difference between mine and Kim's. I read the description before entering my card, and re-read it before writing to you. I truly want to understand for future referrence. Thank you :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!