Saturday 22 April 2017

Graffiti Stamping

Hello everyone! Today is quite exciting because I am going to be designing once again for the fantastic challenge blog Inkspirational. I would like to thank Marina for the invitation - I couldn't say no :)

Well, the first challenge I have come back to was a little puzzling to me because I had never heard of this technique before!



I was thinking..... huh??? But, I did a googly search and found some really interesting ideas. It actually wasn't as hard as it first looks.

Here is my card.


I really loved how this turned out! I used my MISTI to place my first large stamp - the Happy from HLS Everyday Sentiments. I used that as my 'base' for my other stamps. I decided to stamp on an angle. I used a variety of sentiment stamps which included Everyday Sentiments, Mix Mash, Bold Birthday Sentiments and Fun Birthday Sentiments. The funny thing was that once I started I didn't want to stop. I had so many fun stamps! 

I stamped with archival inks in Jet Black, Watering Can, Cornflower Blue, Sap Green, Viridian, and Aquamarine. I love how this would be perfect for a masculine card because I really struggle with those!!

This is also a ONE LAYER card so it is perfect for mailing!

I hope to see you over at Inkspirational for this challenge because it is a really fun technique that you should try :)

Thanks for popping in today :)

6 comments:

  1. This looks so cool ..... I love your colour choices and I totally agree, great for those men in our lives xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Kylie great colour combo!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is just the perfect example of this technique, I can't believe it's your first attempt! Very fun look with so many sentiments and great color combo too. Would work well for masculine card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Kylie! This technique IS as hard as it looks,imo! But you make it look easy- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back-great to have you with us. Well you rocked the first challenge and your stamps are perfect for this-love how you combined it with the graphic images

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie! So great to have you back on our team! It was a fun surprise when Marina announced the good news! Love your graffiti look. It is cool how you created an image with your text.
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.